Tech on Toast
Tech on Toast - Episode 8 Simon Drake, General Manager of The Other House
February 21, 2022
This week Chris managed to record a podcast in person!
Chris meets Simon Drake, General Manager of The Other House.
More about The Other House
"A Residents’ Club effortlessly combining home comforts and apartment-style living with hotel facilities. You can stay for a day or a year – think hotel meets members club. It is cool, intriguing, bold, and committed to sustainability. With everything at your fingertips on The Other House app, make it your other house for as long as you are in town."
During the Chat we discuss:
- Simon's background and how a shiny Bentley convinced him a career in Hospitality was for him!
- The background of The Other house, its ethos, and how they plan to disrupt the hospitality industry with their unique approach
- The technology that will see guests gain total control of their stay, whether it be heat mapping the gym so you know when to visit or simply checking you in whilst you are en route.
- How the design and build of a completely brand new platform integrated into the property management system will transform the guest experience.
- Delivering on the guest's demands through a technology lens, therefore putting the guest in control for example setting the AC on their bedroom whilst travelling back from work, turning the lights on, and ordering your dinner through one of the well-known food aggregators.
- Offering bespoke housekeeping to the residents through "Housekeeping lite" so you, the guest, can choose how much of this service you want during your stay.
- How working with Route B to design and build their new App has enabled them to find a complete end-to-end specialist which has enabled them to connect 42 API's to their property management system.
And so much more, you can see Simon & Naomi talking at Rooms101 on 15th March. Not to be missed!