Tech on Toast
Tech on Toast - Episode 2, Season 2, Carmen Mallo, Founder of REMS Hospitality
May 03, 2022
This week Chris talks with Carmen Mallo, Founder of REMS Hospitality.
"The concept of market share is present globally in most sectors. We used market share widely during our time in the hotel industry. On joining a restaurant group, we quickly decided that restaurants would benefit from using market share strategically by learning more about their competitors. This is why we created REMS, to help restaurants understand their competitors with the same degree of accuracy present within other industries.
We care about helping restaurants to increase their performance. We are well placed to deliver this by having the right people, the right team, and the right users with us on this journey."
During this episode we talk about:
- Carmen's Journey from Spain to the UK. learning English at Nandos & staying away from Spanish people!!
- Her career stretched from hotels to the Ivy group.
- The leap from full-time work to her own project!
- How market share has shaped revenue growth in the hotel sector and soon will in casual dining
- Producing a comp set that gives an advantage to all operators by location, demographic & brand
- How data will empower businesses moving forward to become even more strategic and encourage businesses not to waste money but more importantly drive revenue
- Convincing ops to open their mind and really look at the marketplace and understand what part of the market share they own.
- Carmen jumping around her local park and learning Parkour!
Join us every week for another Tech story!